Friday 17 August 2012

Step into art; Customised Puffy Paint Shoes.


I know it says on my Mont Marte Super hero profile that my favourite product is the Two Seasons Spring and Autumn Watercolours kit and I have to say it still is, BUT the product I worked with this week came in a close second. The Puffy Fabric paint is not only fluro in colour but it is 3D in execution.  I simply cannot stress how awesome art materials are when they become textural; you can really enjoy your art projects from different sensorial perspectives, touch, feel and sometimes even smell is the best.  

This puffy paint is one of products you can use on almost anything and still retain its vibrancy in colour. I have tested this out on wooden surfaces like frames, greeting cards, t-shirts and have even used it on my camera bag. So it does not only work on fabric but also other surfaces. I decorated my camera bag a few months ago and haven’t stopped touching the puffy paint ever since.

Let me start by saying do not be afraid of fluro, fluro is your friend, it is a real attention grabbing tool perfect for customising a drab piece of clothing. This has led me to customising a boring pair of canvas shoes I own. Have you ever wanted a t-shirt to express your funny bone, ever had this urge to put a saying on a shirt for the whole word to see? Well join the club, the pun club; I was busting at the seams to paint this on something... a shoe to be exact. So I finally did it, I jumped on the pun bandwagon, “Hello, how are shoe”, get it? Get it!?

No matter if you don’t, have a go at this quick tutorial and your sole will thank you. 

I few housekeeping items to take care of first;

  • Although the paint dries in a quick time, wait for 12 hours before using a hair dryer to cure it.
  • Don’t hold the hair dryer too close.

 1. Pick your victim piece of clothing. 

 2. Draw on your design and maybe your hilarious pun!

 3. Paint on with Acrylic or fabric paint as a base.

 4. Apply the puffy paint, contrasting colours works well. Watch out sometimes the paint may spurt out.


 5. Apply the paint in different textures, see here I have created spikes out of a dotting action. 

 6. Add embellishments to the edges of the shoe.

 7. Laugh as hard as you want at your own joke.

I sure did!


Happy Creating. 

6 comments:

  1. Awesome. Used to use puffy paints years ago on my clown shoes. There is a girl in Brissie that paints custom made shoes....you should get her into your store for a,workshop. Ashleigh Ubanks. She has amfacey page. Would be a great workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not Asheligh btw......just bought a pair of custom made Dr Who shoes from her after seeing a story about her in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for sharing that Artist, we will look out for her work. Painting puffy paint on Clown shoes sounds like a great idea, if you have a photo of them we would love to see them on our facebook here; http://www.facebook.com/MontMarteArt.

      ~Mont Marte Merilyn.

      Delete
  3. Ha! That is funny. Puns are always funny, even the awful ones. :D
    I've been thinking about customising a pair of shoes.. and then, no shop had simple, white canvas shoes. NONE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT is a good painting and thanks for sharing this artist Acrylic Colours painting is very nice

    ReplyDelete